Our blog post this time around shows you how to get the perfect big bouncy curls. If you have been dreaming of giving your hair some fabulous body and bounce, then you’ve come to the right place. But we realize that all hair is not equally amenable to change, so let us help you turn your limp locks into luxurious corkscrews of unruly glory. Perhaps you were blessed with slick, straight hair as a child. Or perhaps your strands are only slightly wavy; no matter the case we’ve got some pro tips and tricks that will turn any head of long or short hair into beautiful curly ringlets worthy of envy by all. Ready to bid farewell forever? Then just jump in and you can look forward to beautiful big bouncy curls that will make every woman feel like a diva! HS
Understanding Your Hair Type
The first step on your road to perfect big bouncy curls is determining what kind of hair you have. All types of hairs have their own characteristics and must be treated in different ways. So let’s break it down:
1. Straight Hair: For those who have naturally straight hair, big bouncy curls take a bit more work. But your strands are often smooth and unruly, so using the correct products and techniques is essential.
2. Wavy Hair: But those with wavy hair are in luck! The natural texture naturally has some body and movement, so it’s easy to do those popular curls. Now is the time to live in harmony with your waves and build a foundation for even fuller curls.
3. Hair curlers Australia : For those lucky souls who are naturally curly, it ’ s pretty simple as long as you can make the most out of your hair to create big bouncy curls without losing curl definition. The result is that you can bring your beautiful curls to even greater heights of gorgeousness if you go about it the right way.
4. Fine Hair: But sometimes it’s just too much effort to try and maintain a thick style on fine hair, which easily lies flat. But don’t despair-there are plenty of tricks to give you full, lasting curls.
Keep in mind, analysis of your own type of hair will help you take better paths to attaining flawless big bouncy curls with ease. Now equipped with this information, put the finishing touches on your preparation for giving hair a full-fledged curl makeover.
Preparing Your Hair for Curls
Of course, before you get those fabulous big bouncy curls plenty of preparation is in order. This step is important, as it enables you to preserve a long-lasting and faultless set of curls.
But first, your hair really needs to be clean and free of any product residue. Begin with a clarifying shampoo to eliminate any oils or residue which might leave your curls weighed down.
Secondly, add a moisturizing conditioner to nourish your hair. Allow to stand for a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly. When it comes to healthy curls, moisture is a critical factor.
Then wash, and comb out after washing with a wide-tooth curly hair brush for gentle detangling. This keeps breakage to a minimum and spreads the products out more evenly.
After you’ve brushed out your hair, spray on a leave-in conditioner or curl enhancer to give it some extra body and lift for the styling. Don’t forget to work the product through every section of hair, from roots to ends.
Before applying any heat, be sure to use a special spray that protects against heat damage when using hot tools such as curling irons or wands. This will help insulate between the heat and your beautiful locks.
If you want to straighten your hair, leave it as long as possible without heat or combing. To get the healthiest-looking curls, if time permits, it ’ s best to air dry fully without using any heated equipment.
Remember, proper preparation is the key to beautiful big bouncy curls that last all day. But before you submerge yourself in styling techniques, be thorough and look after your locks!
Big Bouncy Curls–The Right Tools and Products.
The secret to perfect big bouncy curls is, of course, in the tools and products which are used. There’s no end to the choices, and you can even get dizzy trying to decide what’s best for your hair. Don’t be afraid, however-I will lead you through it all!
But let ’ s start with tools first. Second, use a high quality curling iron to give your hair that perfect round shape–wider is better. Search for one that has adjustable heat, in order to match the temperature according to your hair type.
Next up are the products. First, prepare your hair with a heat protectant spray to reduce the risk of damage from styling tools. Next use a light mousse or foam made for curly hair to make your curls full but not heavy.
Another indispensable item is a curl-defining cream or gel. These will set your curls and prevent them from becoming frizzy during the day. Put in damp hair to wet it down before styling.
End by spraying on a hairspray that imparts hold and flexibility. This will keep your curls tight without making them feel stiff and hard.
Finding the right combination of tools and products can be as trying a process, so don’t give up if you have to experiment. The secret is experimentation; only then will you find what works for your particular head of hair.
Therefore, go ahead and embrace your big bouncy curls!
Big bouncy curls may seem difficult to master at first, but if you follow these few steps and use the right techniques it should be easy for you. The following is a simple how-to for achieving those curls you crave.
First, use a curl-enhancing shampoo and conditioner that best fits your hair type. This is a great basis for achieving lasting curls. When finished, towel-dry your hair to dampness–no rough rubbing that would only cause frizz or breakage.
Then spray on a generous portion of heat protectant hairspray all over your hair to prevent damage from styling tools. Divide the hair into small sections with clips or elastic bands to make it easier to manipulate.
First comes the fun part–curling! Curling wand or iron? Whatever floats your boat, choose between the two. Pick up one length of hair at a time and wrap around the barrel, turning your face away from it for 10-15 seconds before releasing. Continue in this way until each section is curled.
After all the sections have been rolled and cooled down a little, massage with your fingers to relax curls into natural wave-like effect. Brushing too hard will just shake the curls out of shape.
To set those beautiful bouncy curls even more firmly, end off with a light-hold hairspray or texturizing spray. This will keep them from breaking all day long without feeling stiff or brittle.
One important point to remember is, practice makes perfect in getting big beautiful bounces. Try new techniques and products until you find what suits yourself best, then show off those awesome locks with pride.
Maintaining and Refreshing Your Curls
But now you ‘ve got those fabulous big bouncy curls–so how exactly are we supposed to keep them? Here are some tips to keep your hair looking flawless:
1. Protect your curls while you sleep: Use a silk or satin pillowcase, or wrap up your hair in a lovely silk scarf to bed. This way, frizz will be avoided and the shape of your curls maintained.
2. Avoid touching your hair too much: Don’t mess up your curls by constantly running your fingers through them. Instead, try using a wide-spaced comb or pick to untangle gently.
3. Use dry shampoo for refreshing: Dry shampoo If you want to go more days without washing your curls, dry shampoo is a lifesaver. It also absorbs excess oil around the roots without weighing down your hair.
4. Apply a curl refresher spray: For those days when you want an instant pick-me-up, grab a curl refresher spray. The product also restores and re-forms slopping curls, giving them moisture and structure.
5. Embrace second-day hairstyles: So on non-wash days, don’t be afraid to experiment with a variety of hairstyles. You can still show off those beautiful bouncy curls, and add a little volume with messy buns or braids.
6. Deep condition regularly: Be certain to use deep conditioning treatments once or twice a month so your locks will be healthy and hydrated. Seek out products directed specifically toward curly hair to make the most of them.
7. Trim split ends regularly: Even the most beautiful curls can look dull and unhealthy because of split ends. To keep them at bay and prevent split ends, you must trim your hair every 8-12 weeks or so. This will also give a head of healthy looking tresses.